General surgery is the surgical speciality that primarily focuses on the abdominal organs but may include many other types of surgical procedures performed on blood vessels, glands, surgical treatment, trauma surgery, skin procedures and cancer treatment. At Unity Hospital, we provide comprehensive care for wide range disorders and diseases under the department general surgery.
The operation theatres are equipped with a high definition Laparoscopic unit and trained Laparoscopic Surgeons conducting various G.I., Colorectal, Hernia and Gall Bladder related Laparoscopic Surgery with excellent results. The department of General Surgery is also supported by various sub specialities like Paediatric Surgery, Neuro Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Onco Surgery.
- Diseases of the Head and neck: Glands, fistulas, thyroid swellings, cancers of the oral cavity and thyroid gland
- Diseases of the GI tract from the oesaphagus to colo rectum including Oesaphageal cancer, diverticuli, hiatus hernia, abdominal or inguinal hernia, appendicitis, cancers of the liver and the bile duct, gall stone disease, intestinal obstruction etc.
- Diseases of the peripheral venous system such as varicose veins, varicocele
- Hydrocoele and hematocoele
- Diabetic foot disease
- Diseases of the spleen, adrenal glands and pancreas
- Abdominal or chest trauma
- Penetrating injuries to the abdomen and chest
- Bullet injuries and gunshot injuries
Dr. Mohammed Ashfaque, MBBS, DNB.
Consultant - General SurgeryDr. Mohammed Ashfaque is a graduate of the esteemed Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore and has completed his Diplomate of the National Board , New Delhi form the Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences. His special interests are minimal access surgery and laparoscopic surgery. He may be consulted for the diagnosis and treatment of all surgical disorders at Unity Hospital.
Dr. Roshan Shetty, MBBS, MS.
Consultant - General SurgeryDr. Roshan Shetty has completed his post graduate training and graduated from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. He has been involved in the treatment of general surgical disorders along with special interests in Surgical Gastro-enterology and minimal access surgery. He brings with him more than two decades of experience at the service of patients.
Dr. Abdul Majeed, MBBS, MS, FRCS.
Consultant - General SurgeryDr. Abdul Majeed received his fellowship training and certification from the pre eminent Royal College of Surgeons , Glasgow and Edinburgh. He has been practising surgery for close to three decades now and is known for his meticulous diagnosis and exemplary surgical skills.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- 5 state-of-the-art operation suites
- Trespa Panels lining incorporated with anti-microbial property
- Laminar Flow
- Hepa Filters
- Image Intensifiers
- High-end Anesthesia work station with all monitoring facilities
- Dedicated General Surgical Operation Theatre
- Top-end Laparoscopic Unit with 3 Chip Camera and HD Monitor
- Complete Harmonic Scalpel Gen II Set
- Moller HiR700 Microscope
- Midas Rex Pneumatic Drill
- ERBE High-end Cautery
- Micro surgical Instruments
- Post Operative ward equipped with monitoring facilities