Pulmonology is a medical speciality that deals with diseases involving the respiratory tract. Pulmonology is considered as a branch of internal medicine and is related to critical care medicine. Pulmonology often involves managing patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation.
At Unity the department of Pulmonology caters to you the following services:
- Asthma and other diseases of Airways
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary diseases
- Pulmonary hypertension and Cor Pulmonale
- Smoking and related diseases of the Lungs
- Environmental/Industrial lung disease
- Tracheostomy and advanced airway management techniques
- Analytical Nebulization services and advanced directed medical delivery
- Spirometry or Lung function Tests
- Chest Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Suctioning and Clearance treatment
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tapping
- Diagnostic Bronchoscopy and Endoscopic Therapeutics
Dr. Alka C. Bhat, MBBS, DNB.
Consultant - PulmonologyDr. Alka C. Bhat brings with her a decade of experience and expertise in treating complex lung disorders, Allergic conditions, Asthma and Tuberculosis. She has received her Post graduate training in chest disease from the Jaslok Hospital and research centre, Mumbai. Her special interests are in treatment of Allergic Respiratory diseases and Therapeutic Bronchoscopy.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Trained and high caliber team of Pulmonologists
- Dedicated Registrars and Resident Doctors
- High Success rate in treating patients suffering from Chronic Breathing problems
- Dedicated Medical Critical Care Unit to support critically ill patients.
- Trained team of Physiotherapists and Rehabilitationists.