Cardiothoracic surgery is the field of medicine involved in surgical treatment of organs inside the thorax - generally the treatment of conditions of the heart and lungs.
Vascular surgery is a specialty of surgery in which diseases of the vascular system, or arteries and veins, are managed by medical therapy, minimally-invasive catheter procedures, and surgical reconstruction. This specialty is evolved from general and cardiac surgery as well as minimally invasive techniques pioneered by interventional radiology.
Dr. Ashok B Shetty, MBBS, MS, MCh.
Consultant - Cardio-thoracic and vascular surgeryDr. Ashok B Shetty is a senior thoracic surgeon who brings with him three decades of successful surgical practise. He is available for the treatment of lung and vascular problems along with complex surgical cases requiring vascular dissection and access. He is also a teacher and academician who has trained several budding cardiac and thoracic surgeons under him.
Dr. Suresh Pai, MBBS, MS, MCh.
Consultant - Cardio-thoracic and vascular surgeryDr. Suresh Pai is a graduate of the Kasturba Medical College, Manipal and has been associated with cardiac and thoracic surgery for more than 30 years now. He is an adept at treatment and management of complex lung disorders requiring surgical intervention.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Highly trained team of cardiac surgeons capable of handling complex cases
- Dedicated Cardiac ICU for post operative care
- Result at par with International Standards
- Availability of dedicated Cardiac theatres with heart-lung machine
- State of the art equipment for complex surgeries
- Well trained team of nurses for peri-operative care
- Dedicated team of physiotherapists and respiratory therapists to accelerate post-operative recovery