The department of neurology offers diagnosis and treatment of brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerve disorders.
The Centre of Excellence, Unity Institute of Neurology is committed to integrating their exceptional medical expertise, technology and innovation to offer best in class treatments. The department is staffed by a leading panel of surgeons, doctors and nursing staff who offer cutting-edge diagnosis using the latest neuroimaging techniques. Our Neuro-specialists join hands with rehabilitative experts like Speech Therapists, Physiotherapists and Vocational Therapists with a goal to deliver a comprehensive, well-rounded and effective plan of treatment to each individual patient, making it a much sought after Neurology centre in Mangalore.
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Stroke and cerebro vascular disease
- Paralytic disorders including Guillain Barre syndrome
- Sleep disorders
- Multidisciplinary assessment and management of multiple sclerosis, and other chronic neurological diseases
- Treatment of headaches
- Spinal cord compression and spondylosis
- Motor neuron disease
- Toxic Encephalitis
- Infections of the neurological system like meningitis and encephalitis
- Tetanus and other spastic disorders
- Peripheral nerve compression and neuropathy
- Neuro Development and Sensory Integration Unit
Dr. Rakshith Kedambadi, MBBS, MD, DM.
Consultant - NeurologyDr. Rakshith Kedambadi is a graduate of the Kasturba Medical college,Mangalore and Manipal. He brings with him a decade of rich Experience in treating Cerebro vascular accident, epilepsy and stroke.
Dr. Raghavendra B.S., MBBS, DM.
Consultant - NeurologyDr. Raghavendra B.S. has graduated from the famous Sawai Man Singh Medical College and Research Centre, Jaipur. He is adept in the diagnosis and treatment of all neurological conditions and is specially concerned about the study of movement disorders and headache.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Neurological Outpatient Unit
- Immediate attention towards the Neurological care of the patients
- Highly Competitive team for stroke care
- High-efficiency support care for patients who are bedridden
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) and other studies
- Dedicated neurocritical care unit