Surgical oncology focuses on the surgical management of tumors, especially cancerous tumour. Over the years, there have been several innovations in how treatment is imparted to cancer patients. Surgery has been moving from a more radical approach, towards organ preservation, shorter hospital stay, less post-operative morbidity, and minimally invasive and robotic surgeries.
- Treatment of head and neck tumours including cancer of the mouth and tongue
- Treatment of Breast cancer by mastectomy, lump excision and axillary node clearance
- Surgical treatment of abdominal cancers like stomach, colon and rectum.
- Whipples procedure for cancer of Pancreas
- Treatment of gynaecological malignancies like cancer cervix, uterus and ovaries.
- Chemotherapy for cancer
Dr. Jalaluddin Akbar, MBBS, MS, MCh.
Consultant - Surgical OncologyDr. Jalaluddin Akbar has been trained and graduated from the Kidwai Memorial Hospital and Research Centre. With more than two decades of active surgical practise he is an adept at diagnosis and surgical treatment of cancers of the human body. He has also been a mentor for several younger surgeons and a guide for super speciality training in Surgical Oncology.
Dr. Eugine Rent, MBBS, MS, MCh.
Consultant - Surgical OncologyDr. Eugine Rent is a graduate from the Kasturba medical College and has completed his super specialisation in surgical Oncology. He may be consulted for the diagnosis, staging and surgical intervention of malignant diseases.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Highly experienced and Qualified team of consultants
- Dedicated Chemotherapy unit
- Day care chemotherapy also done
- Post operative rehabilitation taken care of
- Results at par with international standards.
- Supportive treatment with nutritional counseling, dietetics, psychotherapy.