Gastroenterology is the study of the function and diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. Gastroenterology and hepatology are the two specialities which are inter-dependent on each other.
The Centre of Excellence, Unity Institute of Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases offers a uniquely integrated high-quality care model based on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all the diseases related to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Gastroscopy or Upper GI scopy
- Treatment of Digestive Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Oncology
- Hepatology or treatment of liver diseases including chronic liver disease
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Dr. Raviraj Vittal, MBBS, MD, MRCP (UK).
Consultant - Gastroenterology and HepatologyDr. Raviraj Vittal brings with him 25 years of experience in the treatment of gastrointestinal tract disease. His special interest lies in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases. Dr. Raviraj is a full certified member of the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) and was previously a consultant with the Mayday University Hospital, Croyden and the Royal Tree Hospital, London.
Dr. Shivaprasad, MBBS, MD, DNB, DM.
Consultant - Gastroenterology and HepatologyDr. Shivaprasad has received his Super speciality Post graduate training in Gastro-enterology from the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin. He is a Gastroenterologist with over a decade of experience in the management of wide range of digestive tract disorders including Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD), GI Bleeding, Chronic liver disorders. He is adept at digestive endoscopy including upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy along with Therapeutic Endoscopy.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Dedicated Endoscopy Department for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Video Endoscope for Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP
- High success rates in treatment of patients through Gastroscopy
- Highly Experienced and trained Gastroenterologists