Surgical Gastroenterology is the branch of surgery focused on the digestive system and its disorders. Surgical treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which include the organs from mouth to anus, along the alimentary canal, are the focus of this specialty.
Laparoscopic surgery, also called minimally invasive surgery, band-aid surgery or keyhole surgery is a modern surgical technique in which operations are performed through small incisions by the use of an optical scope inserted into the abdomen and minimally invasive instruments.
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic gastrectomy and anastomosis
- Laparoscopic Hemicolectomy
- Bariatric or metabolic surgeries for weight loss
- Exploration and reconstruction of the biliary system
- Gastro intestinal oncology and cancer surgery
Dr. Mohammed Ashfaque, MBBS, DNB.
Consultant - General SurgeryDr. Mohammed Ashfaque is a graduate of the esteemed Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore and has completed his Diplomate of the National Board , New Delhi form the Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences. His special interests are minimal access surgery and laparoscopic surgery. He may be consulted for the diagnosis and treatment of all surgical disorders at Unity Hospital.
Dr. Roshan Shetty, MBBS, MS.
Consultant - General SurgeryDr. Roshan Shetty has completed his post graduate training and graduated from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. He has been involved in the treatment of general surgical disorders along with special interests in Surgical Gastro-enterology and minimal access surgery. He brings with him more than two decades of experience at the service of patients.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- 5 state-of-the-art operation suites
- Operation Suite is the first of its kind in India with Trespa Panels, incorporated with anti-microbial property
- Laminar Flow
- Hepa Filters
- Image Intensifiers
- High-end Anesthesia work station with all monitoring facilities
- Top-end Laparoscopic Unit with 3 Chip Camera and HD Monitor
- Complete Harmonic Scalpel Gen II Set
- Moller HiR700 Microscope
- Midas Rex Pneumatic Drill
- ERBE High-end Cautery
- Micro surgical Instruments
- Post Operative ward equipped with monitoring facilities